During the major Championship battle between Bargoed and Pontypool at the weekend, violence erupted amid unpleasant scenes. A player from each side was sent off as a result of the unusual incident, which was captured on camera.
At Bargoed Park, the event occurred 57 minutes into the game. Referee Ian Davies issued yellow cards to Pontypool tight head prop Scott Evans and Bargoed back five forward Louis Blacker following a scuffle sparked by a powerful scrum shove from the home side. The pair, however, squared up to each other and began fighting as they walked away.
The highly experienced Davies swiftly Referee made his decision, issuing red cards to both Evans and Blacker
- Tom Youngs reveals emotional final team talk to Leicester Tigers teammates
- John Afoa is leaving Bristol for France
- Ellis Genge smashes opponent then delivers brutal insult
- Rassie Erasmus reveals 3 point plan to save rugby￼
- New Zealand great set to retire