In 2010 All Blacks break Bok hearts. The All Blacks reclaimed the Tri-Nations title with a thrilling 29-22 victory over the All Blacks in Johannesburg
5 minutes left on the clock. Springboks are winning the match by 5 everything going as they planned 95,000 Boks fans already celebrating their win but suddenly everything changes.
with three minutes left on the clock, Riche McCaw went in at the corner for the visitors’ scored try The television official confirmed the try after Carter fails to convert the try, it makes the match even more dramatic, leaving the scores level and setting up a nail-biting finale.
Minute to go scoreboard is 22-22 Jean De Villiers slipped and lost ball. Ma’a Nonu gets the ball and burst through the Bok line before feeding Dagg outside, and the replacement fullback skipped in to put his side in front for the first time since the sixth minute.
Carter added the extras to close out the game as New Zealeand celebrated their 10th Tri-Nations title and a stunned South Africa struggled to come to terms with what had just happened.
- Marcus Smith admits rugby is ‘MILES behind’ the NFL and football
- Freddie Steward’s new Leicester contract puts an end to speculations over his future.
- Bundee Aki banned for eight weeks
- ‘The body is good’ – Bok flyhalf Pollard ahead of earlier than expected return from knee injury
- Rob Baxter gives his ‘blessing’ to Sam Simmonds for Montpellier move