Springbok flyhalf Elton Jantjies is reportedly set to sign a deal with French giants Toulon.
Jantjies was recently released from the Springbok squad after allegations emerged over an affair with Springbok team dietitian Zeenat Simjee.
It’s also been reported that Jantjies’ alleged behaviour did not go down well with his Japanese club, the NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, who are expected to terminate his contract.
According to renowned French rugby publication, Midi Olympique, Toulon will give Jantjies a lifeline with the deal set to be finalised in due course.
During the Boks’ recent Rugby Championship campaign, Jantjies and Simjee were both sent home from Argentina, where the Boks were preparing to face the Pumas.
- Sam Warburton Apologises for controversial Six Nations comments
- Veteran All Blacks hooker Dane Coles to retire at end of the year
- “Who the f*** do you think you are?” – Dan Biggar forced to apologise to teammate
- Danny Care set to Enter Harlequins History Books
- WATCH: England’s Coach Nick Evans Collides with Prop Ellis Genge During Training Drill.
The incident is said to have taken place in the week of South Africa’s clash with New Zealand in Mbombela in early August.
Jantjies, who is married with three children, reportedly failed to settle a guesthouse bill in Mbombela where he stayed outside the team hotel that amounted to R26 000, according to Sunday newspaper Rapport.
Although the bill was said to have been settled eventually and that “no team protocols were breached” in the incident, Jantjies was not recalled to the Bok camp for their final Rugby Championship Test against the Pumas in Durban.
It’s not clear if Jantjies will be picked for the Boks’ year-end tour to Europe.
Both Jantjies and Simjee denied having an affair.